Who handles loose or vicious dogs?
In the city issues with loose or vicious dogs are handled by the Animal Wardens. Call 911 if it is an emergency situation with a vicious dog or 540-344-6681 for non-emergency situations.

Show All Answers

1. What is 911?
2. Who do I need to contact in order to register my home or business when installing an alarm system?
3. How do I report a power outage?
4. How do I report a problem with water service?
5. How do I get an ambulance to take me to my medical appointment?
6. Where can I get help with wild animals (squirrels, opossum, raccoons, bats, birds, deer, foxes, snakes, etc)?
7. Who handles loose or vicious dogs?
8. Who can help me with problem stray cats?
9. How do I report a lost or found pet?
10. Who do I call to report a problem or question with trash or recycle pickup?
11. What happens when I call 911?
12. When should I call 911?
13. Will my call to 911 be kept confidential?
14. How are calls to 911 prioritized?
15. What should I teach my children about 911?
16. Who do I call to request other assistance from the city?