How do I report a power outage?

Power and other utility outages should be reported directly to the appropriate utility. You can call Appalachian Power (AEP) at 800-956-4237

If there is an immediate hazard such as a live wire down or electrical fire then you may call 911 to make the area safe, however AEP will still need to respond to fix the electrical problem.

AEP for Power Outages

Show All Answers

1. What is 911?
2. When should I call 911?
3. What happens when I call 911?
4. How are calls to 911 prioritized?
5. Will my call to 911 be kept confidential?
6. What should I teach my children about 911?
7. How do I get an ambulance to take me to my medical appointment?
8. How do I report a lost or found pet?
9. Who handles loose or vicious dogs?
10. Who can help me with stray cats?
11. Where can I get help with wild animals (squirrels, opossum, raccoons, bats, birds, deer, foxes, snakes, etc)?
12. How do I report a problem with water service?
13. How do I report a power outage?
14. Who do I call to report a problem or question with trash or recycle pickup?
15. Who do I call to request other assistance from the city?