What type of permit do I need?
The City of Roanoke issues a combination permit when work on a project involves the building trade and at least one other specialty trade. In these cases, a general contractor or the owner, if he/she qualifies, must obtain the permit and list all subcontractors working on the project. If only one trade is involved in the project, the appropriately licensed contractor or exempt person obtains the permit.Permit Types

Show All Answers

1. What model codes are adopted by Virginia?
2. When is a building permit required or not required?
3. What are the permit fees?
4. Who may apply for a permit?
5. May I obtain permits by mail or phone?
6. May someone else obtain a permit for me?
7. Should I purchase the permit or let my contractor purchase it?
8. What type of permit do I need?
9. How long is a permit valid?
10. May a permit be voided?
11. May a permit be returned for a refund?