When can I begin work on my project?
The applicant is responsible for meeting all provisions of the city’s building and zoning codes prior to beginning work. Permits are issued by the City’s Permit Center
Noel C. Taylor Municipal Building
Room 170
Roanoke, VA 2401

If a Certificate of Appropriateness is required, you must submit a copy of the Certificate to the Permit Center for permitting. If a Certificate is not required, simply submit this application, with the ARB Agent's signature, for permitting.

Show All Answers

1. What am I allowed to do under historic district zoning?
2. When do I need a Certificate of Appropriateness?
3. What are common projects not requiring a Certificate?
4. What information do I need to provide?
5. How do I obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness?
6. When can I begin work on my project?