The City of Roanoke will hold a series of Open House Community Meetings in March and April to invite citizen input on the city’s Comprehensive Plan 2020-2040, which is being developed over the next several months. The meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, March 26 – Gainsboro Branch Library, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28 – Raleigh Court Branch Library, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 – Belmont Branch Library, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 – Melrose Branch Library, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 2 – Main Library, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 3 – Williamson Road Branch Library, 5 to 7 p.m.
Through December 2018, the process engaged citizens with 10 Open House Community Meetings and a public survey; the input was used to create a Community Response Report. Feedback from the Open House Community Meetings, as well as meetings with stakeholder groups and focus groups, will be used to create a draft plan.
For more information, please contact Wayne Leftwich, Senior City Planner, at (540) 853-1104 or by email at [email protected].