The following information is an update on operations for the City of Roanoke for the remainder of this week:
- Snow removal operations made significant progress on primary roads during the day Sunday and overnight. Operations have transitioned to neighborhood streets ahead of schedule and crews will be working overnight to plow streets.
- Citizens are reminded that when snow accumulates on streets, the city’s first goal is to clear 95 percent of the snow from major streets and Valley Metro bus routes within 24 hours after snowfall ends. Once that is accomplished, snow removal crews aim to clear 90 percent of neighborhood streets cleared within the following 24 hours. To report a street that needs to be plowed, please call the Citizen Call Center at 540-853-2000, Option 3. Phones are only answered during daytime hours.
Solid Waste Collection
- Collection of solid waste, brush, bulk, and recycling will be delayed one day for the remainder of this week. Collection in alleys will be evaluated for possible collection at the end of the week.
- Roanoke City Public Schools has announced that all schools and offices will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 11. In addition, all activities, including sporting events and holiday concerts, are canceled
Valley Metro Routes
- Valley Metro will begin the service day tomorrow with snow routes running on regular operating hours. Road conditions will be evaluated during the day with the possibility of returning to regular routes at 12:15 p.m.
- City offices will operate on normal business hours for the remainder of the week.