ROANOKE, VA – On Thursday, November 23, several streets will be closed from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM due to the "Drumstick Dash" event.
- Williamson Road, between Church Avenue and the Elmwood Park Garage entrance
- Tazewell Avenue, between 4th Street SE and Williamson Road
- 3rd Street SE, between Campbell Avenue and Bullitt Avenue
- Franklin Road, between Williamson Road and 3rd Street SW
- Franklin Road eastbound, between 3rd Street SW and Elm Avenue
- 3rd Street SW, between Church Avenue and Franklin Road
- 2nd Street SW, between Church Avenue and Day Avenue
- Luck Avenue, between Jefferson Street and 3rd Street SW
- Church Avenue, between Jefferson Street and 2nd Street SW
- Church Avenue, between 3rd Street SW and 5th Street SW
- 5th Street SW, between Luck Avenue and Norfolk Avenue
- 5th Street SW southbound, between Shenandoah Avenue and Norfolk Avenue
- Salem Avenue, between Williamson Road and 6th Street, closed to through traffic
- Gainsboro Road, between Wells Avenue and Salem Avenue
- Centre Ave, between Henry Street and Jefferson Street
- Shenandoah Avenue, between Williamson Road and Centre Avenue
- Norfolk Avenue westbound, between Market Street and 1 ½ Street
- Campbell Avenue, Williamson Avenue, and 3rd Street SW
- Campbell Avenue eastbound, 6th Street SW and 3rd Street SW
A detour will be established along Williamson Road, Church Avenue, and Jefferson Street.
Due to this event, on-street parking may be temporarily restricted.
The following Parking Garages will not be accessible Thursday, November 23, 2017, from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Tower Garage, Center in the Square Garage, and the Gainsboro Garage.
Other than the aforementioned restrictions, all other parking garages and parking lots will remain accessible throughout these events.
Signs & Barricades:
The City of Roanoke will furnish all barricades, signs, cones, etc.
Dwayne Nelms, City of Roanoke, 540-853-5482