ROANOKE, VA – The following streets will be closed on Saturday, November 11, due to various events in Downtown Roanoke.
“Jefferson College 5k”: from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Williamson Road between Elm Avenue and Jefferson Street
- Walnut Avenue between Jefferson Street and Hamilton Terrace
“Virginia’s Veterans Parade”: from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Williamson Road southbound, between Salem Avenue and Franklin Road
- Church Avenue, between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street (Hotel will remain accessible)
- Market Street, between Campbell and Church Avenues will be closed to through traffic
- Kirk Avenue, between Jefferson Street and Williamson Road
- Elm Avenue westbound, between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street
- Jefferson Street, between Elm and Salem Avenues
- Campbell Avenue, between 1st Street SW and Williamson Road
All parking garages will remain accessible.
Valley Metro buses will run on their usual schedules. Trip planning for Valley Metro buses is available at www.valleymetro.com.
Detours will not be established.
Signs & Barricades:
The City of Roanoke will furnish all barricades, signs, cones, etc.
Dwayne Nelms, City of Roanoke, 540-853-5482