ROANOKE, VA – The following streets will be closed on Monday July 4th from 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM due the "Roanoke's Fourth of July Fireworks" event:
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Wiley Drive, between Crystal Springs
Avenue and Franklin Road
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Edinburgh Street, from Franklin Road to
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Evans Mill Road, between Wycliffe Avenue
and Crystal Springs Avenue
- From 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Northbound outside lane of Franklin
Road, between McClanahan Street and Wiley Drive
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Jefferson Street southbound, between
Williamson Road and Reserve Avenue, will be closed to through traffic
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Jefferson Street, between Reserve Avenue
and Weller Lane
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Reserve Avenue, between Jefferson Street
and Franklin Road, will be closed to through traffic
To access Roanoke Memorial Hospital between 9pm and 10:30pm follow McClanahan St to Jefferson to Weller Dr. Crews coming from the North will take I-581 south to the Wonju Exit to Broadway to McClanahan St.
Police and various traffic control devices will be present during this event. Motorists are encouraged to drive cautiously and expect delays.
On street parking may be temporarily restricted. All parking lots and garages will remain accessible throughout these events.
Valley Metro buses will run shuttles from downtown, at Williamson Road in front of the Elmwood parking deck and from Virginia Western Community College campus to the "Roanoke's Fourth of July Fireworks" event. Trip planning on Valley Metro buses is available via Google Transit at www.valleymetro.com
Signs & Barricades:
The City of Roanoke will furnish all barricades, signs, cones, etc.
Dwayne Nelms, City of Roanoke, 540-853-5482