Police Chief Recruitment Community Meeting Scheduled
Community Members are invited to meet Scott Booth, finalist for the City of Roanoke Police Chief, on Wednesday, August 30 in Berglund Hall at the Berglund Center. The meet-and-greet will begin at 6:00 PM and conclude no later than 7:30 PM. This event will offer the opportunity for community members to meet Chief Booth, ask questions of him, and share thoughts with City elected officials and administrative leadership.
Currently serving as the Chief of Police in Danville, Virginia, Chief Booth has a proven track- record of leading the Danville Police Department in community engagement and crime reduction. Notable accomplishments during his tenure in Danville include:
- 2018 – A 40 percent decline in firearm-related homicides
- 2019 – A 22 percent reduction in all violent crime
- 2020 – 0 gang involved homicides
- 2022 – A 50 percent reduction in all reported violent crime since model implementation
- Transitioning from the highest per capita violent crime rate in 2017 to a 35-year low in all crime in 2020