The paved greenways in the City of Roanoke will remain closed until the Governor lifts the Stay At Home Order, anticipated to occur as part of the Phase I Reopening described in his Forward Virginia Blueprint. This is an extension of the original closure on April 3. The City recognizes the value of the outdoors and exercise at this time; thus, all 60 of our parks and their 14,000 acres, courts, athletic fields, trails and playgrounds. most of which are in close proximity to each of our neighborhoods, remain open. Click here for a list of lesser-known parks to visit.
Parks users are asked to keep the following in mind while recreating or exercising:
- Don’t visit parks and trails if you feel unwell.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Practice safe social distancing from other patrons.
- Recreate on playground equipment at your own risk as it is not regularly disinfected.
- Park restrooms, including port-o-johns, are closed.
- Do not gather in groups larger than 10.