ROANOKE, VA - There will be several street closures on Thursday, November 28th due to an event this Thanksgiving.
"Atlantic Union Drumstick Dash" (Thursday, 11/28/19)
Roanoke, VA - On Thursday, November 28, 2019 several streets will be closed from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM due to the "Drumstick Dash" event.
The following streets will be closed:
- Williamson Road, between Church Avenue and the Elmwood Park Garageentrance
- Tazewell Avenue, between 4th Street SE and Williamson Road
- 3rd Street SE, between Campbell Avenue and Bullitt Avenue
- Franklin Road, between Williamson Road and 3rd Street SW
- Franklin Road eastbound, between 3rd Street SW and Elm Avenue
- 3rd Street SW, between Church Avenue and Franklin Road
- 2nd Street SW, between Church Avenue and Day Avenue
- Luck Avenue, between Jefferson Street and 3rd Street SW
- Church Avenue, between Jefferson Street and 2nd Street SW
- Church Avenue, between 3rd Street SW and 5th Street SW
- 5th Street SW, between Luck Avenue and Norfolk Avenue
- 5th Street SW southbound, between Shenandoah Avenue and NorfolkAvenue
- Salem Avenue, between Williamson Road and 6th Street, closed tothrough traffic
- Gainsboro Road, between Wells Avenue and Salem Avenue
- Centre Ave, between Henry Street and Jefferson Street
- Shenandoah Avenue, between Williamson Road and Centre Avenue
- Norfolk Avenue westbound, between Market Street and 1 ½ Street
- Campbell Avenue, Williamson Avenue and 3rd Street SW
- Campbell Avenue eastbound, 6th Street SW and 3rd Street SW
A detour will be established along Williamson Road, Church Avenue, and Jefferson Street.
Due to this event, on-street parking may be temporarily restricted. The following Parking Garages will not be accessible Thursday, November 28, 2019 from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM:
- Tower Garage, Center in the Square Garage, and the Gainsboro Garage.
Other than the fore mentioned restrictions, all other parking garages and parking lots will remain accessible throughout these events.
Download Waze App
The City of Roanoke has partnered with Waze and joined the Connected Citizens Program in an effort to let citizens know about traffic impacts of capital improvement projects, special events, and planned street closures. Download Waze and join other drivers in Roanoke who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute.