ROANOKE, VA - There will be several street closures beginning on Saturday, November 9th due to an event this weekend.
"Virginia's Veterans Parade" (Saturday, 11/9/19) - 8:00am to 1:00pm
From 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Williamson Road southbound, between Salem Avenue and Franklin Road
From 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Church Avenue, between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street (Hotel will remain accessible)
- Market Street, between Campbell Avenue and Church Avenue, to through traffic
- Kirk Avenue, between Jefferson Street and Williamson Road
From 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Elm Avenue westbound, between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street
- Jefferson Street, between Elm Avenue and Salem Avenue
- Campbell Avenue, between 1st Street SW and Williamson Road
*Regular patrons of the “Center in the Square Parking Garage” that access to and from the garage will be blocked on Saturday, November 9, 2019 from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. due to the Virginia’s Veterans Parade.
NOTE: Vehicular access to the Market Garage will be limited to Church Avenue, east of Luck Avenue, between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Saturday, November 9, 2019, due to the closure of Jefferson Street and the closure of Church Avenue, west of Luck Avenue, for the Virginia’s Veterans Parade.
Download Waze App
The City of Roanoke has partnered with Waze and joined the Connected Citizens Program in an effort to let citizens know about traffic impacts of capital improvement projects, special events, and planned street closures. Download Waze and join other drivers in Roanoke who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute.