Roanoke Libraries Receives Outside Funding SupportLibrary staff actively pursue and seek outside funding to enhance library services. The following is a short list of some of the grants and donations recently received:
- Dorothy Koch Family Foundation - Providing funding support for the Raleigh Court Branch Library.
- Early Literacy Activity Centers - The Main Library, Raleigh Court Library, and Williamson Road Library received educational and manipulative items to teach early literacy skills through play. Funding was through the federal Library Services and Technology Act and administered by the Library of Virginia.
- Howery Family - Provided funding to renovate the reference area, computer lab and the Virginia Room at the Main Library in memory of Darryl Howery.
- Oakey Collection - The Oakey Collection increases the awareness of end of life issues through educational and informational resources. The collection serves individuals, families, caregivers, and professionals. Funding provided through the Oakey's Funeral Service in memory of Samuel G. Oakey II.
- Roanoke Public Library Foundation - For their continued support since 1952 of the Roanoke Public Libraries.
- ShiftPlanning.com - Staff scheduling software donated to the library from ShiftPlanning.
- TechSoup - TechSoup provides and administers software donations (such as Microsoft Office) from corporations to libraries and nonprofits.