The plants cost approximately $58,000, and the total cost of all materials, including plants and materials associated with installation, mulch, and rainwater harvesting system was approximately $123,000. We used City employees to install the roof, which mitigated labor costs. Anticipate the green roof will increase the life of the existing roof membrane from 20 years to 60 years.
- Reduces the amount of storm water runoff by 44 per cent per one inch of rain
- Reduces heating and cooling loads by increasing insulation
- Reduces noise transmission
- Creates an attractive roof that helps sustain a habitat for butterflies, insects, and songbirds
- Triples the life of the roof