Concealed Handgun Permits
Any applicant seeking to obtain a concealed handgun permit through the Circuit Court of the City of Roanoke must meet the following criteria at the time of filing the application:
- Provide a valid government-issued photo ID
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Show proof of residency in the City of Roanoke
- Verify applicant has lived at the current address for the past five years OR list the addresses lived within the last five years
- Provide proof that applicant has demonstrated compentency with a handgun (for a list of acceptable forms click
Once the application is submitted it takes approximately 45 days for the permit to be issued. The applicant will be sent the concealed handgun permit to the address noted on the application. If you would like the permit laminated, simply bring it in to the Clerk's office and one of our deputy clerks can laminate it at no extra charge.
PERMIT LOST OR DESTROYED
If your permit has been lost or destroyed you can obtain a replacement by submitting this completed and notarized form along with a $5.00 payment.
CHANGES IN ADDRESS OR NAME REQUIRING A NEW PERMIT
You can obtain a new permit with a new address or a new name by completing the appropriate form and submitting the $10.00 fee.
The cost to file a concealed handgun permit is $50 if the payment is made by cash, check or money order. If the payment is made by credit card there is an additional $2 convenience fee making the total $52.
All payments may be made in person during our normal office hours. We also accept concealed handgun permits through the mail.