****Due to the Coronavirus, The Commissioner of the Revenue office will be closed to the public until April 30th.Tax relief applications are currently being mailed out. If you are new to the program, New applications are available online***
Payment of Tax
Real estate taxes are due October 5 and April 5 of each year. Real estate tax payments are made to the City Treasurer's Office. The tax year is from July 1 to June 30. For detailed information on property assessment, visit the Office of Real Estate Valuation.
Tax Relief for Elderly & Disabled Homeowners
Each homeowner who meets the following qualifications may have his or her real estate tax amounts frozen at the amount assessed at the time of application for relief:
- The property must be the homeowner's principal residence.
- Elderly homeowners must be at least 65 years of age.
- Disabled homeowners must be able to certify total and permanent disability and must be less than 65 years of age.
- The annual combined gross income of all residents of the dwelling must not exceed $42,000 (not including the first $4000 of gross income of residents other than the owner and spouse, and not including up to $7500 in disability income received by permanently disabled applicants.
- The combined net worth of the residents of the dwelling must not exceed $160,000 (not including the value of the principal residence).