Commissioner of the Revenue
Increases in used auto values and you.
The Commissioner of the Revenue is a professional team that provides excellent customer service by exemplifying integrity through accurate and consistent tax assessments. We are committed to assisting and serving you, we are the window to the City.
The Commissioner of the Revenue:
- Maintains taxable owner records for real estate parcels and prepares the Land Book in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Ensures that all tangible business and individual personal property is assessed in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Issues the City of Roanoke Business License to all businesses operating within the City of Roanoke, in accordance with the City of Roanoke Code and the Code of Virginia
- Provides full service Virginia State Income Tax processing
- Administers the Real Estate Tax Relief Program for the elderly and disabled
|Personal Property Tax||540-853-2521|
|Real Estate Tax/Tax Freeze||540-853-2523|
|Business License Tax||540-853-2524|
|Local Trust Tax||540-853-6828|
|Business Personal Property||540-853-2524|
|Virginia State Income Tax||540-853-6543|
If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-583-3490.
Si usted no habla, lee, o escribe el inglés bien, ¡la Ciudad proporcionará un intérprete sin costo a usted! La interpretación está disponible por todos servicios y programas que ofrece la Ciudad. Para obtener asistencia lingüística, por favor llame a 540-583-3490.