Commissioner of the Revenue
Reminder: Business Personal Property filing forms are due February 15th.
File and pay online at Roanokevataxes.com
The Commissioner of the Revenue's office is a professional team that provides excellent customer service by exemplifying integrity through accurate and consistent tax assessments.
Our Commitment to You: We seek to provide consistent, honest, and professional services to the citizen-customers of the City of Roanoke and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Commissioner of the Revenue:
- Ensures that all tangible business and individual personal property is assessed in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Issues the City of Roanoke Business License to all businesses operating within the City of Roanoke, in accordance with the City of Roanoke Code and the Code of Virginia
- Provides full service Virginia State Income Tax processing
- Administers the Real Estate Tax Relief Program for the elderly and disabled
- Administers the Real Estate and Personal Property exemptions for Disabled Veterans
|Important Contact Information|
|Personal Property Tax||540-853-2521||[email protected]|
|Elderly and Disabled and Veteran Real Estate Tax Relief||540-853-2523||[email protected]|
|Business License Tax||540-853-2524||[email protected]|
|Local Trust Taxes, including Prepared Food and Beverage, Transient Occupancy, Short-Term Rental, and Admissions||540-853-6828||[email protected]|
|Business Personal Property||540-853-2524||[email protected]|
|Virginia State Income Tax||540-853-6543||[email protected]|
If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-583-3490.
Si usted no habla, lee, o escribe el inglés bien, ¡la Ciudad proporcionará un intérprete sin costo a usted! La interpretación está disponible por todos servicios y programas que ofrece la Ciudad. Para obtener asistencia lingüística, por favor llame a 540-583-3490.