Roanoke's Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative is designed to partner with residents to address the built environment and the needs of the residents. The goal of Roanoke's NRI is to spur redevelopment and improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- Addressing the overall housing needs of the neighborhood to include rehabilitation, demolition, and new construction
- Develop a mixed-income community
- Improve public infrastructure (community environment)
- Increase citizen involvement in revitalizing their neighborhoods through open communication and awareness of development projects
- Increase home ownership rate
- Increase public safety and code enforcement
- Increase the economic/assessed value of properties
- Provide a diversity of housing choices - single-family, townhouses, condos, etc.
- Provide housing that meets the needs of persons in the neighborhood
- Significant implementation of the neighborhood plan