- Departments P-Z
- Real Estate Valuation
Real Estate Valuation
The Office of Real Estate Valuation is the City department responsible for appraising all real property at 100% of market value each year. The appraisals are used to calculate the annual real estate tax bill.
The Assessor's Office:
- Provide exceptional customer service and comprehensive real estate information
- Strives to provide equitable and accurate assessments
- Conducts field inspections
- Perform market value appraisals related to mechanical, plumbing, electrical and building permits
- Conduct hearings/assessment appeals with property owners
- Analyze trends in sales prices, construction costs, and rents to estimate values
- Update property characteristics, ownership, legal descriptions and transfers on all properties
- Provide responses to inquiries from citizens, attorneys, lenders, real estate agents, etc
- Analyze parcel sales, land subdivisions, zoning changes
- Administers preferential programs, including Agricultural Land Use and Exemption on Certain Rehabilitated Real Property
If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-329-3266.
Si usted no habla, lee, o escribe el inglés bien, ¡la Ciudad proporcionará un intérprete sin costo a usted! La interpretación está disponible por todos servicios y programas que ofrece la Ciudad. Para obtener asistencia lingüística, por favor llame a 540-329-3266.