The Department of Technology (DoT) is responsible for the overall management of Information Technology, Radio Communications, and the E-911 Center and provides the following services for city departments and constitutional offices:
- Business application needs assessment and technology solutions exploration
- Centralized end user service desk support
- City-wide cybersecurity strategy and management
- Comprehensive business application development, support and maintenance
- Data and network design, access and security
- Database management and administration
- Endpoint management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) enterprise management and support
- Project management and implementation
- Project portfolio and program management
- Radio network management
- Remote access management
- Virtual server and storage management
- Voice telecommunications management
If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-853-2000 and press 2.
Si usted no habla, lee, o escribe el inglés bien, ¡la Ciudad proporcionará un intérprete sin costo a usted! La interpretación está disponible por todos servicios y programas que ofrece la Ciudad. Para obtener asistencia lingüística, por favor llame a 540-853-2000 y oprime el 2.
The Center for Digital Government's Digital Cities Survey has recognized the City of Roanoke as a Top-10 Digital City for 20 consecutive years. Roanoke is ranked among cities in the 75,000 to 124,999 population category. The survey acknowledges cities that recognize the value of technology, empower their tech leaders, and use new ideas to make life better for everyone who lives there.