Fair Housing Seminar
November 12, 2019
9am-noon: Fair Housing & Domestic Violence with Panel Q&A
1:30-4:30: Fair Housing & Disabilities with Panel Q&A
Jefferson Center Fitzpatrick Hall
541 Luck Avenue
Roanoke, VA 24016
- Presented by DPOR, Mally Dryden-Mason
- Certificate of Completion Available upon completion of seminar (must remain present through entire presentation).
- Can be used for Continuing Education
- Free Seminar
Register Online at:
Fair Housing Registration
Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act covers most housing transactions including rentals, home sales, advertising, mortgage lending, home improvements, and zoning activities, but only if one is discriminated on the basis of one of the following protected classes as defined by federal, state, and /or local law, as follows:
- Familial Status
- National Origin
- The City of Roanoke law adds Age and Marital Status
- The Commonwealth of Virginia law adds Elderliness
Fair Housing Ordinance
The City of Roanoke's Fair Housing Ordinance was adopted October 1, 2007.
The Virginia Fair Housing Office provides additional information regarding:
- Fair Housing Advertising
- Fair Housing Consumers
- Fair Housing Law and Regulations
- Fair Housing Providers
- Filing a Complaint
- Protected Classes
- Training Seminars Schedule
File a Fair Housing Complaint with the Virginia Fair Housing Office.
Other Information Resources
Virginia Guide to Subsidized and Affordable Housing
Fair Housing Board Meetings
Location: 215 Church Avenue S.W.
Room 308 North
Roanoke, VA 24011
The regular meeting dates are the third Tuesday at 4PM Quarterly (January, April, July, and October of each year).