Roanoke Star City Strong
Welcome to the Roanoke Star City Strong: Response, Recovery and Resiliency Page!Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has demonstrated why we are a 7 time All-America City and Hall of Fame Inductee. Compassion, innovation, determination, patience and response are just a few words to describe how our community has shown up and stood strong during this unprecedented global health crisis.
The COVID-19 virus still remains in our community so we are asking you to remain vigilant in keeping yourself and your neighbors healthy.
Now it's time to start planning our recovery and resiliency. This page will walk you through everything you need to know about how our city will reopen and begin our "new normal" journey.
Planned City of Roanoke Reopening Dates
- June 8: Reopening of Municipal Building for transactions with the Treasurer's Office (non-DMV Select) and the Commissioner of Revenue – Public Hours 8:30-4:00. For more information, click here. For a link to the Treasurer's Office, click here. For a link to the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office, click here.
- June 15: Limited recall of staff to municipal buildings to prepare for more general opening
- June 15: Begin Feed and Read Curbside Services
- June 15: Reopen Parks Restrooms and Restart Shelter Reservation System (with attendance limits)
- June 15: begin promotion of limited Summer Youth Programs
- July 1: Expansion of Treasurer operations to include DMV-Select services
- July 6: Limited Reopening of Municipal Building, Libraries(curbside service), etc. to general public
- July 6: Begin Limited Summer Youth Programs
- To see the City of Roanoke's Full Reopening Plan, click here.
- To review the notes from Roanoke City Council's "Community Conversations", click here.
To read Executive Order 63, click here.
To read Executive Order 65 (Phase 2 Reopening), click here.
Respect & Dignity
Respect & Dignity
- State of Emergency
- Closure of Municipal Facilities
- Public Health Actions
- Financial/Technical Assistance
- Municipal Expenditure Controls
- Emergency-Related Policies
- Aligned with CDC/Governor Guidance
- Re-Opening of Municipal Facilities
- Operational Adjustments
- Physical Changes
- Phased Re-Opening of Greenways
- FY20 Balancing
- FY21 Adoption
- Staff Working Groups
- Recovery Resources Research
- Small Business & Vulnerable Population Support
- Economic Conditions Monitoring
- Council Community Conversation
- Boards & Commissions - Restart
- Communications & Engagement
- FY21 Budget
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Service Expansion
- Recovery Fund Task Force
- $1 million (City, CDBG-CV, State, Other)
- COVID-19 Resurgence
- Response Debrief and Preparations for Future Pandemics
- Regain Strategic Focus
Response - Recovery-Resiliency Timeline:
- Response - March - >???
- Step 1:May - June - > On-Going
- Step 2: June-> On-Going
- Resiliency: June - >On-Going
- Virginia Department of Health
- Forward Virginia Guidelines
- Governor Ralph S. Northam Website
- Roanoke Star City Strong Framework
- Roanoke Star City Strong Presentation
- Roanoke Star City Strong Framework in Spanish
- Carilion Clinic
- Roanoke City Public Schools
- Downtown Roanoke Incorporated
- Small Business Development Center
- Virginia Career Works