Roanoke Civic Center Commission
Meeting Frequency: Second Tuesday of each month, at 11:00 a.m., 710 Williamson Road, N. E.
Contact: Robyn Schon, Recording Secretary, (540) 853-6861, [email protected]
Members: Seven (7)
|Member||Term of Office||Eligible for Reappointment|
|Kianna Price Marshall||09/30/24||Yes|
|Samuel Lionberger, III||09/30/23||Yes|
Purpose: The commission shall serve in an advisory capacity for the Civic Center and, to that end, is hereby delegated and shall operate in the following manner:
(1) Within funds provided by appropriation, to recommend promotional methods to diversify or increase events at the Civic Center Coliseum, Performing Arts Theatre, and Special Events Center.
(2) Recommend to the General Manager of the Civic Center appropriate rates for fees, rentals, rates, and terms for the use of the Civic Center, and for necessary changes thereto.
(3) Advise on matters relating to the parking of vehicles, transportation and traffic control at the Civic Center.
(4) Advise and report on the General Manager of the Civic Center's intent to award long-term contracts or agreements for naming rights, sports teams, tenants, or any multi-year commitments providing for (catering and product sales concessions) at the Civic Center, subject to the City Manager's approval, such decision to be reported to the City Council for implementation, if required; provided, however, that the rights of no party to any outstanding or existing contract or agreement heretofore executed shall be abridged or impaired.
(5) Advise and report matters of policy with reference to ticket sales.
(6) Serve as ambassador and representative within the community and assist in promotion of upcoming events and special activities.
(7) Advise on the acquisition of capital needs of the Civic Center in order for the Civic Center to remain competitive.
See Section 24-48, Function, Chapter 24, Public Buildings and Property Generally, Article II, Civic Center, Division II, Civic Center Commission, of the Code of the City of Roanoke (1979), as amended.