- Departments F-O
- Human Resources
The Department of Human Resources’ mission is to diligently support the City of Roanoke’s vision, values, and organizational priorities by providing exceptional services to City departments, staff and the public. We are dedicated to our organization’s guiding principles of accountability, customer service and diversity and inclusion. Our dedication will be evidenced in our partnerships with city departments to maximize the potential of our most valuable asset – our employees.
In alignment with the City of Roanoke’s Vision we strive to embrace and facilitate the pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement in all employee-oriented programs. We endeavor to influence positive employee and manager relationships and create opportunities that strengthen a high-performance organizational culture where all employees are leaders and services are recognized as best in class.
We will accomplish our mission by our STRATEGIC FOCUS:
- Attract, retain and develop a diverse workforce by nurturing a high-performance organizational culture and demonstrating the value of inclusion in the workplace.
- Structure, administer and maintain the integrity of a comprehensive classification and compensation system that is equitable and fair.
- Effectively advance sound policies and best practices that support the City’s overall organizational goals and maintain compliance with employment and labor laws.
- Ensure employees have access to the tools, training, leadership and professional development opportunities and coaching needed to equip our workforce to provide best-in-class services to our citizens.
- Promote a work environment that supports work life balance, employee health, safety and well-being.
If you do not speak, read, or write English well, the City will provide an interpreter at no cost to you! This is available for all services and programs the City offers. For language assistance, please call 540-329-3242.
Si usted no habla, lee, o escribe el inglés bien, ¡la Ciudad proporcionará un intérprete sin costo a usted! La interpretación está disponible por todos servicios y programas que ofrece la Ciudad. Para obtener asistencia lingüística, por favor llame a 540-329-3242.