Neighbors in South Roanoke, Inc.
- 7 p.m.
- 4th Tuesday of the Month in January, March, July and October
- South Roanoke United Methodist Church Community Room
2330 . Jefferson Street SE
Roanoke, VA 24014
- Contact president Barbara Duerk by calling (540) 343-1616 or email to Neighbors in South Roanoke. Visit the Neighbors in South Roanoke website for additional information about the organization and activities.
About the OrganizationNeighbors in South Roanoke is a non-profit organization started in the 1980s as a way for South Roanoke residents to have a collective voice on matters important to our neighborhood. The boundaries of the organization extend to Route 220 to the north and west, Walnut Avenue, the Roanoke River and Fishburn Parkway to the east, Peakwood Drive SW, Bosworth Drive SW, and Southmont Drive SW to the south. The South Roanoke neighborhood consists of rolling hills with large trees lining the streets and residential properties.
The South Roanoke Village located on Crystal Spring Avenue SW along with businesses, restaurants, churches, convenience stores, and city parks are scattered throughout the neighborhood along with other amenities including easy access to downtown Roanoke, the Roanoke River, and the city's greenway trail network.
Watch a brief video about the South Roanoke neighborhood, its rich history, and the Neighbors in South Roanoke neighborhood organization.
- Hosts annual community picnic in the South Roanoke Village center park.
- Focuses on maintaining neighborhood assets such as parks, greenways, sidewalks, trees, zoning, planning, trash collection, traffic, youth activities and more.
- Members receive the Neighbors newsletter, updates on issues, and notification of meetings.
- All residents and businesses are welcome to participate.
- The South Roanoke Neighborhood Plan is a component of the City's 2001-2020 Comprehensive Plan. The plan provides detailed information about the neighborhood and serves as a guide for public and private decisions regarding land use, capital improvements and other projects planned in the neighborhood.