Hurt Park Neighborhood Alliance, Inc.
- 12 Noon
- 4th Thursday of every month
- Hurt Park Townhomes Community Center
1801 Westview Avenue, SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
- Contact president Jimmy Cook by calling (540) 339-8992 or by email to [email protected] for more information.
About the Alliance
The historic Hurt Park neighborhood covers the area of southwest Roanoke between 10th Street Southwest and 24th Street Southwest, and between historic Patterson Avenue SW and Jackson Avenue SW adjoining the railroad. This area features some of the city's finest examples of its early architecture.
In addition to the multicultural resident population, businesses, restaurants, churches, convenience stores, and city parks, other neighborhood amenities include easy access to downtown Roanoke, the Raleigh Court neighborhood's Grandin Village, the adjoining Mt. View neighborhood's historic Mountain View Recreation Center offering activities for all ages throughout the day, and the - West End Center for Youth - which offers after school programs for children from grades 1 to 12.
Watch a brief video about the Hurt Park neighborhood, its rich history, and the Hurt Park Neighborhood Alliance.
- Encouraging all neighbors, renters, homeowners, church members, business owners and landlords to participate
- Facilitating block parties
- Initiating neighborhood clean-up activities
- Utilizing neighborhood watch activities to eliminate crime
- Working closely with the Hurt Park neighborhood businesses