The process outlined below is for the verification of inspection results and issuance of a state sticker for amusement devices regulated by the Virginia Amusement Device Regulations, including small mechanical rides, inflatable, circular or flat rides (under 20 foot), spectacular rides, and coasters (over 30 foot).
Visit the City of Roanoke's Real Estate GIS page to determine your property's zoning designation.
- Completed Amusement Device Permit Application
- Basic development plan showing property lines, adjoining streets, existing buildings, and location of rides
- Ride listing with safety bulletins & test reports (NDT's)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance ($1,000,000 min.)
- Copy of Virginia Amusement Inspector Certification
- Inflatables accompanied by set-up instructions/owner's manual, if applicable
Applications must be submitted no less than 5 days prior to the start of your event for the City to complete zoning, building safety, and fire safety reviews.
Amusement devices and public events are reviewed for compliance with the following codes:
- Section 36.2-429. Temporary Uses, Zoning, Code of the City of Roanoke
- Virginia Amusement Device Regulations
The duration of an amusement device operation is dependent upon its type. Public events that may include amusement devices are considered a temporary use and have a maximum duration of 14 calendar days per the City's Zoning Ordinance.