Annual City Neighborhoods 'Harvesting of the Fruits' Potluck Dinner & Awards Celebration
- Roanoke is a city of vibrant neighborhoods, each with its own distinctive personality. Join your neighbors from across the city to share a delicious dinner together while recognizing the accomplishments achieved to make our neighborhoods great places to live, work, play and invest.
- Bring your favorite dish to share and join neighbors - from your own neighborhood as well as others from around the city - for you will not want to miss this exciting annual event !!
- REGISTER TODAY to attend this FREE event as seating is limited !
The 2018 Annual Roanoke Neighborhoods' Harvesting of the Fruits Potluck Dinner & Awards Celebration will be held on Friday, November 9, 2018 at the Jefferson Center's Fitzpatrick Hall located at 541 Luck Avenue, SW beginning at 6pm. This annual potluck dinner sponsored by the Roanoke Office of Neighborhood Services and Roanoke Neighborhood Advocates in partnership with Roanoke City Council provides an opportunity for neighbors from across the city to come together to share great home cooked food complemented by great fellowship.
During the dinner, members of Roanoke City Council and Roanoke Arts Commission will present the 2018 Neighborhood Partnership Awards from the pool of submitted nominations received. The number and category of awards to be given will be determined by the nominations received.
Neighborhood Partnership Award Celebration
- Submit an Award Nomination TODAY for one or more of the eight (8) different award categories !!
- All nominees will be notified that they have been nominated to receive a 2018 Neighborhood Partnership Award !!
- Winners will be announced by City Council members at the 2018 Annual City Neighborhoods' 'Harvesting of the Fruits' Potluck Dinner' & Awards Celebration in early November 2018 at the Jefferson Center's Fitzpatrick Hall.
Neighborhood Conference Reports
In addition, those participants who attended the national 2018 Neighborhoods USA conference held in Birmingham, Alabama and /or the 2018 Virginia Statewide Neighborhood Conference held in Portsmouth, VA may be providing a brief report on the workshops attended accompanied by copies of handouts they received. These presentations are a brief 3-5 minutes each.
Attending the Event
The event is FREE and everyone is invited to attend with the only requirements being:
- each participant is asked to bring a special dish to share with 8-10 other participants, and
- confirm their attendance by registering (to ensure enough seats and tables are set up for everyone).
For your convenience, an online registration is available. If you have any questions, please contact Neighborhood Services via email or by phone at 540-853-5210.