All applications should be submitted to the Permit Center unless otherwise noted within a specific permit/activity type. Some permits or activities are processed and issued by other city departments. Below is information on application options, who can apply, payment options, and permit issuance.
- Hand Deliver: Bring all submission requirements to City of Roanoke Permit Center at 215 Church Ave. SW, Room 170, Roanoke, Va. 24011 during regular business hours.
- Email: Attach all submission requirements as a PDF to an email.
- Mail: Mail all submission requirements to City of Roanoke Permit Center at 215 Church Ave. SW, Room 170, Roanoke, Va. 24011.
Who can apply
- Owner or lessee of the property. An Owner/Builder Affidavitis required indicating exemption from state licensing requirements.
- Agent to the owner of the subject property. An Agent Authorization Letter provided by the owner and an Owner/Builder Affidavit is required.
- Registered Design Professional (RDP) associated with the work.
- Licensed Contractor associated with the work.
Fees are required to be paid in full at time of issuance, except where otherwise noted within a specific permit or activity type (e.g. applications for comprehensive development plan and subdivision plat review require full payment at time of application).
Go to the Treasurer's Office to see payment options.
Once your application has been approved by all reviewers, you will receive notification that your permit is ready to be issued and work may begin.