Neighborhood Partnership Awards Program
This program recognizes and honors the outstanding contributions, excellence and accomplishments achieved by neighborhood organizations and civic individuals who have partnered with city departments, schools, nonprofits, businesses, institutions and others to:
- Make physical and/or social improvements to our neighborhoods,
- Connected neighbors and/or neighborhoods with one another, and/or
- Built the capacity of their neighborhood organization to better serve our community.
There are 7 Neighborhood Award categories with one (1) additional 8th overall award category (Neighborhood All-Star Award) as follows:
- Neighborhood Communications Award: For excellence in getting the word out
- Neighborhood Improvement Award: Recognizing a neighborhood project and/or activity that improves and/or enhances a neighborhood’s quality of life
- Neighborhood Outstanding Volunteer Leadership Award: Recognizing an individual who has given outstanding leadership service to his or her neighborhood
- Neighborhood Youth Volunteer Award: For service to Roanoke's neighborhoods
- Neighborhood-City Partnership Award: Recognizing a City Department or employee who assisted and/or provided resources to a neighborhood organization on a project, program, or activity that improved/enhanced the neighborhood’s quality of life
- Neighborhood-Community Partnership Award: For contributions made by a business, nonprofit, school and/or other institution to improve the surrounding neighborhood/community
- Neighborhood Arts Award: For a neighborhood project or activity that improves the quality of visual and/or performing arts in the neighborhood, and/or enhances the character and/or surrounding area of the neighborhood through visual and/or performing arts
- Neighborhood All-Star Award: Recognizing the exceptional accomplishments achieved by an eligible neighborhood organization, individual, and/or institution recognized and nominated in one or more of the eight (8) Neighborhood Partnership Award categories that improved and/or enhanced a specific neighborhood and/or city neighborhoods' quality of life. (Note: There is no nomination form for this award.)
Eligibility is simple!
Any resident-led, city neighborhood organization recognized by the RNA and Office of Neighborhood Services, or nonprofit, business, city department and/or individual is eligible to be nominated (or may nominate themselves) to receive one (or more) of these awards.
Submit as many nominations as you would like so long as they honor and recognize the volunteer efforts and/or projects and activities undertaken to improve the quality of life in our city’s neighborhoods for these efforts should not go unrecognized!
Information about the requirements for each category can be found under 'award categories.'
Complete and submit an easy Online Neighborhood Award Nomination Form accompanied by description and a sample of the publication and a description of the project.
A fillable PDF Neighborhood Award Nomination Form can also be downloaded, completed, and either scanned and emailed or mailed with a postmark by November 18th deadline to the Office of Neighborhood Services, Attn: RNA Neighborhood Awards Committee, 215 Church Ave SW, Room 364 South, Roanoke, VA 24011.
An impartial committee of volunteers recruited by the Roanoke Neighborhood Advocates will select the winners from the pool of submitted nomination forms SOLELY BASED upon the information provided in the submitted nomination.
The number and categories of awards to be presented are based upon the nomination applications submitted.
The Office of Neighborhood Services and Roanoke Neighborhood Advocates are proud to announce this year’s Neighborhood Awards. We will be recognizing our award recipients in front of City Council this Fall. Nominees will be invited to Roanoke City Council Meeting that will be held on December 18, 2023. Award winners will be announced by City Council members. A reception will be provided to nominees prior to the 7:00 PM Council meeting.