Historic District Applications

If your property is in either the H-1 or H-2 overlay zoning districts, you must apply for and receive a staff or Architectural Review Board approved Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) or In-kind Replacement and Repair form prior to doing any work on the exterior of your property, including:
  • Driveways
  • Fences
  • Landscaping
  • Sidewalks
  • Walls
If you are unsure if your house is located in an Historic District, contact us at 540-853-1730 for assistance.