Creating a climate lifelong learning and community enrichment. Engage. Educate. Empower. The possibilities are endless.
The Roanoke Public Libraries will enhance the quality of life and promote the well being of the community by providing a wide range of informational, educational and cultural services, resources, and programming.
In observance of Memorial Day, Roanoke Public Libraries will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2013. We will reopen at our regular time on Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
To find out more about Star City Reads, click on the logo!
Library EBooks are available for Kindle, Nook, IOS, and Android devices!
Check one out today!
Get help getting library ebooks on your device
Click here to access EbscoHost, a wide selection of books and articles you can read directly in your web browser!
You will need to enter your library card number and create an EbscoHost account to save your notes, bookmarks, etc.
The Libraries also offer access to America's News - providing you with free access to articles from the Roanoke Times 1990-present!
Click here to access this great new resource!
UniversalClass, the Roanoke Public Libraries' newest online service.
Features of Universal Class:
- Over 500 Courses Available (from ABC's of Algebra to Yoga 101)
- Real Instructors with Continual Feedback
- Engaging Video-based Lessons
- Lesson Exams and Stimulating Writing Assignments
- Collaborative Learning Environment
- Certificates of Achievement
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- See listing of classes offered