Board of Zoning Appeals
Meeting Frequency: Second Wednesday, at 1:00 p.m., in the Council Chamber
Contact: Secretary, Donna Payne, (540) 853-1146; email@example.com
Members: Seven (7)
|Member||Term of Office||Eligible for Reappointment|
|Antwyne U. Calloway||12/31/19||Yes|
|Robert H. Logan, III||12/31/20||No|
|Walton I. Rutherfoord||12/31/19||Yes|
Purpose: The purpose of the Board of Zoning Appeals shall be to hear appeals by persons aggrieved by any decision of the Zoning Administrator. The Board may reverse, affirm or modify the decision of the Zoning Administrator. The Board shall, in specific cases, authorize variances from the Zoning Ordinance. The Board shall grant special exceptions, when authorized by the Zoning Ordinance, upon proper application therefor.
- See Chapter 36.1, Zoning, Article VII, Sections 36.1-650 - 36.1-660, Board of Zoning Appeals. Also see Section 62, Zoning, of the City Charter.
- See Ordinance No. 31295-010493, granted a limited exception to the three term limit established by §2-281.1, Code of the City of Roanoke (1979), as amended, for certain incumbent members of the Board of Zoning Appeals who would otherwise be subject to such term limit.
- See Ordinance No. 35953-061702 increasing membership to seven.
- See Ordinance No. 37385-051106 - $100.00 per month stipend awarded to members upon attainment of certification through the Virginia Certified Board of Zoning Appeals Program.
- Sec. 15.2-2308, Board of Zoning Appeals to be created; membership, organization, etc., Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, requires that members be residents of the locality.
For more information, contact the Secretary of the Board or click here.